There are numerous government-owned health applications in Indonesia, which cause database inconsistencies and no standardized format/dictionaries data are used in the health ecosystems. Departing from this background, Indonesia’s Ministry of Health has launched the SatuSehat platform in July 2022.
The platform is used for system integration and health big data for integrated health services which is expected to encourage data interoperability throughout the health sector ecosystem. By referring to NHS UK (National Health Services United Kingdom) as a model, Indonesia’s Ministry of Health is planning to build a Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Dictionary (Bahasa: Kamus Farmasi dan Alat Kesehatan, KFA) which would be a standardized system of data dictionary for pharmaceuticals and medical devices that will be used on the SatuSehat platform.
The Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Dictionary will contain unique codes that can be used and integrated into all systems used by health industry players (such as health facilities, doctors, pharmacists, distributors and the public). The purpose of this would include the following:
- 1. National pharmaceutical and medical device supply chain management from upstream to downstream in line with the existing regulations.
- 2. An accurate analysis of national needs for medicines, raw materials for medicines and medical devices.
- 3. Early detection of increased demand for medicines or medical devices in areas caused by disease outbreaks or natural disasters.
The development of the Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Dictionary have started since its launching in August 2022. The following are the key milestones of the development:
● August 2022: Launching of the Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Dictionary, 95% priority data have been standardized, dictionary browser (KFA Browser) can be accessed by the public
● December 2022: MoH will standardize around 22,000 Indonesian FDA (Food and Drug Authority) drug data and around 110,000 medical device data from REGALKES (Indonesia Medical Device Registration System).
●June 2023: Socialization and pilot implementation in the pharmaceutical industry or pharmaceutical wholesalers to use the Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Dictionary unique codes
●December 2023: Pilot integration system of the pharmaceutical industry or pharmaceutical wholesalers to the Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Dictionary
● Until 2024: Expansion of implementation and integration of the Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Dictionary
In the future, the Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Dictionary will be the main reference for system harmonization for drugs and medical devices including in the e-katalog (Indonesia Government Procurement Platform). If products owned by the company are not listed in the Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Dictionary, there’s a possibility that the products would be out of sync with the system and risk of getting taken down or freeze in e-katalog.
The 2nd Technofarmalkes 2022 Materials