Ministry of Public Health has announced that direct advertising to medical and public health practitioner are exempted from applying for advertising license, for the convenience in advertising medical devices. Details of the announcement are as following:
“Direct advertising” means the conveying of messages whether from person to person; from person to group of people; from group of people to person; from group of people to group of people, beneficial for both trading and marketing.
“Direct advertising to practitioners in medical and public health” means medical device advertising through any advertising methods that are restricted to only medical and public health practitioners.
2. Medical Devices that must comply with the Announcement are as follows:
- - Licensed medical devices for manufacturing, importing or distribution
- - Medical devices that exempted under section 27(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) and (8) of the Medical Device Act B.E. 2551 and its amendment (Issue 2) B.E. 2562
3. Advertising methods that are restricted to only medical and public health practitioner are as follow:
- - Printed matters
- - Video broadcasts
- - Telephones
- - Digital medias
4. Person who is obligated exemption under this decree, must comply section 59 of the Medical Device Act B.E. 2551 and display text or sound "Direct Advertising to Medical and Public Health Practitioner only" and notify to Food and Drug Administration via E-Submission with attached form of this announcement or others route that secretary-general had announced.
5. This decree shall come into force from November 2, 2020 onwards.